Monday, May 27, 2013

Days 25 and 26: "Leather district, market, and yet another stroller"

So on Saturday, Breann and I were able to head out to the leather district, which I have never been to! It is a whole group of artisans who have shops set up in a certain part of town (which I think was near Candelaria but I'm not totally sure... I didn't pay good attention). We had a bit too much fun. I didn't want to be a complete tourist by taking picture after picture of our stroll, but I did take one of the street.



In the end, Breann and I each walked away with a new leather jacket (mine camel, hers black, and super hot). I got a hand painted wallet and she got a pistol holster for her man. Henry our driver took excellent care of us, he even holds diaper bags and purses.

Yesterday, Sunday, was Cyclovia again.. before we could enjoy the cyclovia, we had to buy "Sibley emergency stroller" Number Dos. As much as I didn't enjoy parting with the money, I did get a high quality McClaren brand rig that is a breeze to push and is big enough to hold Ben comfortably which is no small deal. I didn't think of it until later, but this was actually an okay purchase, as now I don't have enough space in my Mazda 5 to drive 3 children and a large stroller all at the same time. This one is bigger, but it folds down like an umbrella that I can put in the front seat or up on its end with the addition of the new child until we can get our hands on a minivan sometime in the next year.

We hit up Jenos Pizza again yesterday afternoon, the one with the really tall carpet slides. The only drama came when I briefly lost Lucas because he got lost in the tubes. He was pretty upset about it actually. After Jenos, we had a rest time and Breann and I snuck over to the La Fontana market. We had walked through earlier in the day for a preview.. and we probably shouldn't be allowed in there again unsupervised. I won't say that I am overspending, because truly I am not and all purchasing has been approved by the hardworking husband at home.. but I did feel just a bit naughty. Now that I have 2 Colombians, we felt it was time to upgrade my Colombian Emerald "bling". I walked away with a rather fantastic emerald flower cocktail ring. I'd show a picture, but it is being resized for pick up next week. Breann was able to snag herself a pretty sweet Colombian Auntie emerald ring as well but hers fit right the first time around. A lovely pearl dealer which I don't remember from last time was also present, and struck me a deal for paying in cash. I got a lovely silver pearl flower ring as well as a bracelet that I think will look rather fantastic on my next date night.

Lastly, we went back to scarf lady. 3 scarves for $50 mil pesos, which is basically $25 USD (ish). It started downpouring rain during our scarf-a-palooza, so scarf guy simply enclosed Breann and I in the plastic with nothing but our feet sticking out at the bottom. He was dedicated.

Here is an example of the 6 total that were purchased...



In the rain we caught a cab from La Fontana to Carulla for a few more items and then back to relieve Ms. Alecia (who was still in one piece).

Today, we are mellow. It's just another park and play place kind of day for now. So.. since we have done nothing else cool.. here are some pictures of the beautiful flower trees that are everywhere down here, particularly at the park we were at this morning.



Here is another gem from the park. Pick up your puppies poo.



Auntie Breann has earned her plane ticket down here. A few examples..



and lastly, some cuteness..



Tonight, Breann and I got a driver to take us back over to Usaquen area to return to the Mi Calle mexican restaurant that has some mean Mariachi's. Tomorrow morning we are back to the Candelaria, where I also have a driver lined up this time so we don't have the taxi drama that Ted and I had last time in the evening. Time to walk in some more really old churches.. and some cobblestone and the Botero museum. Later in the week we are planning on going back to Divercity play area and possibly the childrens museum where we have never been. May next week some Sentencia news? That would be cool :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment