Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 22: "Shove Auntie Breann in a taxi, Ben and the beach, and who put poo in the yard??!"

So Breann has been the saver of my life the past two days... she is the extra set of hands.. the "hey can you grab that?" girl.. and Ben's bottom wiper (a truly glorious job).

Last night, she and I ventured our two blocks and enjoyed some appetizer and adult beverage action briefly at Bogota Beer Company. The outdoor patio is lovely and the perfect temperature, complete with candlelight and a warmer. We would have commemorated this, except that we would have both looked dumb smiling in the dark and we know it so you should just imagine. We also had to stop by Carulla for the needed pull-ups which we just realized we needed. Thusly, we were those chicks that show up with bags of diapers to the bar, but we are cool with it.

This morning the boys slept in a bit for us since I think Alecia let them stay up a bit last night. We enjoyed some breakfast and skyping with Daddy. Today, we went back to the Simon Bolivar central park that Ted and I had gone to before he left. It was Breanns first experience in the back of a cab with 3 small boys. She handled it like a champ, and kept Ben from opening the door and getting sucked out in traffic.



At Simon Bolivar, we enjoyed the beach again. My boys fully submerged themselves in a drainage ditch and then caked it nicely with a few layers of sand. They were gross and filthy. Ben then fell in a full pile of mud (actually on accident) so we had to strip him and put him in his extra shorts for the "other" kind of accidents. Sam was NOT at all interested in playing in the sand. I put him down, and he was not a fan of that weird dirt. He was happy just sitting next to me and watching the other kids play. I think this is a park that we will be doing a repeat of, as it only costs 9 mil to get a taxi there.

Breann went to study and we enjoyed another great rest time.. where I again fell asleep. I think I'm just backed up on sleep.

This afternoon we went to inspect the last of one of the play places I have passed a few times at Frisby.. the Colombian equivalent of KFC as far as I can figure. Their rain forest play place was lovely, but we couldn't find much kid friendly snack items without bone in them. We will that a narrow "miss", but at least we tried it. The folks at Pan Pa Ya probably missed me.

Prior to leaving for Frisby, both children were found dropping their pants yet again (and we already did that at the park!!) in the backyard.. and they swear the poo that someone was poking at was from a puppy.. but the question is how does a puppy go in the back of the El Refugio yard??! They are suspect, but they swear it wasn't them.. and that WOULD be the first poo-ing outside on purpose incident. This will be investigated.

Tomorrow, we have lined up a driver to go BACK to Montserrate with the Fellerman family. I'm planning to have some blood sausage.. and yes.. there is literally a lot of blood in it. I am a woman of adventure.. I think Breann will just be happy with some of the grilled corn and tamale action, as that was really good.

More pics to come tomorrow! There are only so many photos I can take at parks and play places, which are really where I spend most of my days right now.

Hugs from Bogota!!

No comments:

Post a Comment