Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby Sam's Dossier = On The Move!!

After getting my FBI clearance back 2 weeks ago (and sending it off to Washington for an apostille and getting it back).. we were ready to send all of our originals up to MN for a double check. Everything left me in the hands of Fed Ex on Wednesday the 20th for an overnight trip to Marcia with Friends of Fana MN to take a look.

Take a look at that sweet book!



Yes, I made a table of contents. I appreciate clarity and consistency!





Lucas was there for me to take the final picture before I left for Fed Ex. Ben would have been there, but he was currently unconscious and we wanted him to stay that way.



Marcia gave everything I had the "OK" and everything is on the way to FANA via Fed Ex as we read! Now mind you, we are sending everything somewhat prematurely. Technically, a requirement of the dossier for FANA is the I797 immigration clearance. This is USCIS letting Colombia know that Ted and I are cleared to bring home a little person that will turn into a citizen. We fingerprinted weeks ago, and should be getting this clearance for them any day. In the meantime, we are sending everything on its way so that they can start translating things and lining them up with Sam's file for us.

In other news, we got our loan approved today to handle travel costs.. which is a good thing since we weren't exactly planning on adopting a child in the first part of 2013 :-)

Please keep our immigration drama with Ben's name change on his Cert of Citizenship in your prayers. I sent it in for routine change last fall, but turns out it takes 6 months to do and I need it to obtain his USA passport. Prayers that the State Dept who issues passports will work with me with ALL OF THE FILES of other proof I have of his citizenship. I'd like to put that little boy on a plane.

Lastly, I leave you with two people that "helped" me write this dossier over the course of the past 3 months. By helped, they went into the basement and hit each other with plastic bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment