Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Days 32-34: Bye Bye Aunti Breann, Hello Grammy and Papa

Sunday, it was another Cyclovia and lunch out day! One of my favorite Cyclovia events, if corn counts as an event... is the grilled corn. Lucas also decided that this was worth participating in.



We walked, we munched, and we pretended that everyone doesn't stare at the whitey white girls and their various shades of boys tagging along. I didn't get any photos, but we also made our way over to the La Fontana market where I was able to pick up my rather fantastic real Emerald cocktail ring that was back from being resized. I only spent a short amount of time at scarf guy, should I need an intervention. The boys really enjoyed some time in the bouncy house and Sam enjoyed the Colombians doing jazzersize in the courtyard. He participated in his own way. After the Jazzercize situation, we walked back home and regrouped before lunch.

This Sunday's selection was the Rainforest themed restaurant Safari Parque (or something like that..). Basically, it's Rainforest Cafe Colombian style with activities for the kids while the parents wait for the food. The food was nothing super amazing, but playing with my kids while I can sit there for a second counts as amazing enough for me to want to go back. The hippo doorway was also a big hit with certain people.



Sunday night was chick flick and chocolate night.. nuff said.

Monday was a holiday so we wandered Cyclovia again. To much sadness, I could not find Mango Guy. That is two straight days without one of my Mango Guys being out and about. This qualifies as a First World problem taking placing in a Developing World scenario yeah?? Today however, I found Mango Guy again, and thusly my life can go on.

Anyway

We also spent some time at the mall on Monday morning for Auntie Breann to round out some shopping before she left (sniff).

Much higher on the newsworthy note, it was Ben's 2nd annual Family Day!!! That's right folks, 2 years ago yesterday Benjamin Nigatu and I flew halfway around the world together, and smelled like it too. To celebrate such an occasion, Super Hero Ice cream at Popsy's ice cream was required.



We were able to take our Hulk and Ironman cups home with us, where they have now become evening yogurt holders. Yogurt redemption has magical powers of making people try foods without complaining, with the hope of earning such a high and esteemed prize.

After the yogurt but before dinner, I had this super bright idea to cut Sam's hair as it was over 2 inches long in most places and covering his ears and neck. I'd rather botch it a bit now and fix it once we're home than let him go with something that was resembling a mushroom covering for the head. Sam has magical juice for his bowel issue that we are pretty sure has addictive powers. I thought surely this magical juice would coax him into letting me remove part of his self. This worked for about 20 seconds.. and then I think Dr Purvis would not have been thrilled with my timing of this adventure. Since I was halfway through though, it wasn't exactly time to quit so we had to finish up as best we could. I considered getting a photo, but I think a picture of a screaming toddler in a high chair naked in a bathroom would be frowned upon. Once we got him up and in the bathtub for a rinse and play time, all was well and forgiven, and now we have a little boy whose ears you can actually see. You'll notice in the next round of Sam pictures :-)

Last night, in honor of Auntie Breann having to leave us, we went out to Cafe Amarti in Usaquen district again. We were able to sit out in the garden area and all was lovely.



We made it back safe and we put Auntie Breann to bed so she could get up at 4am to catch her taxi to the airport with Jairo (who was also picking up my Mom and Randy).

Mom and Randy arrived a bit early, and then made great time. I was awake most of the night as I always struggle with relaxing when people need to catch early flights, so I hopped in the shower at just the wrong time for their arrival. Oops. Once I finally got out, I could get Jairo taken care of. We spent the rest of the morning showing them the ropes and introducing them to Sam!! I think he is missing Auntie Breann and wonders where she (and that Daddy guy) went.. but it actually kind of helps his attachment to me since my "shift" never seems to end :-)

All is well and Mom and Randy are resting in their space and away from my children while I write this. Tonight will be more of getting acclaimated with the routine. I talked to Fana this morning, and they hope to have a report from my lawyer this afternoon or in the morning, to see how our case is doing. I don't expect Sentencia soon, but it would be nice to know if the Defendor of Minors judge has my stuff, and maybe how he feels about it? We have various contingency plans in place depending on how the next week or so plays out.

Spirits are up, and I am committed to keeping them that way. We are too blessed and home will be there when we get back to it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment