Saturday, December 11, 2010

Court Trip for Baby- Post #4

We arrived at about 9:30pm Addis time. It was dark, and the amount of light given off reminded me of Haiti minus the rubble. It has a unique smell. Not a horrible smell.. kind of a mix of musty water and fire smell… which in hindsight could be the diesel fuel. It reminded me a lot of Haiti also.

After getting off our plane and finding a much needed restroom, we stood in line to exchange our money into Birr. Because we already had our visas, we were able to get through immigration with no problems at all.

Ted took charge with the luggage and ordered me to stay in one spot while he brought it to me. It was a bit of mass chaos in the luggage area. We were very excited to have all of our bags make it! Many of our friends have not been so lucky.

We walked out into a mass of brown faces, many of them in Islamic attire. It was LOUD and busy. We spotted our Holt driver right away and walked out safely to his van. From there we bounced away from the airport, remembering what it felt like to drive into Bogota that first night before we met Lucas.

The guest house is beautiful, but many of you already know that :-)

They showed us to the internet (which is now down) and we learned that the license for the Mussie orphages has been renewed and we will hopefully pass court!!! We were thrilled. I was so excited I accidently punched my husband to get his attention. We also ironically received an update on our son from 2 months ago with no new news.. but we’ll be meeting him in the next day so that’s just fine :-)

It’s now 6:45am here, I have been up since 4:30am because my clock is off. Ted has no clock anymore. I’m going out now to take pictures of the beautiful African sunrise. Praise the Lord. God is Good. All the Time.



Our guest house is beautiful. The poverty that surrounds it is heartbreaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment