Monday, June 21, 2010

Lucky #7

So it has been a few weeks with minimal movement on the list. On one hand, we have waited a little longer than we originally anticipated given the amount of referrals in the spring, but on the other hand, we are still on the shorter end of the wait timeline that our agency is quoting. Nothing to complain about, but still looking forward to some news soon :-)

MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) was closed last week due to a holiday. None of the people that received referrals in May or June have been assigned court dates. We are hoping these folks get court dates soon so that they can get the first Ethiopia trip out of the way before the courts close for the raining season (about 6 weeks from mid of Aug through October).

So there wasn't any news today, but we can't really expect lots of referrals and court dates to come from the Ethiopia staff who have to obtain them from MOWA in their first day of being open after the closure.

Since I'm starting to get a bit more anxious.. I'm trying to not be. I went to pick up some more adoption reading and I'm trying to focus on good quiet time with God, play dates, and time with family and friends.



Lucas and I have had some wonderful days at the zoo.. so that will be our cuteness factor of this blog update :-)

Here are some pictures of his favorite animals and activities while at the zoo!








Of course we had to remember to chat about our new brother or sister while we were on the Africa side of the zoo!!



It was so hot on this day that my camera lense was all fogged up, but it managed to capture the joy of a little boy waiting for the choo choo train to start :-)



Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Sibley for the zoo pass!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I read your blog and noticed in your last post that your husband did a pulmonary elective. What field is he in? I am starting my pediatric residency so I was just curious.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete