Sunday, November 28, 2010

Preparing to Prepare to Travel- and other giddiness

So where did November go? Here is a brief summary:

We had my lovely step-sister Laurel come visit us while she traveled the country after returning home from Iraq. We ate lots, we worked out lots, we chased my child, we shopped a bit, we enjoyed girlie times.

The following weekend, Ted turned 29. Now you know how old he is in case he forgets which happens often. We celebrated with a family outing to Chuck E Cheese and I bought him lots of yummy treats from the grocery store.

Following Ted's birthday, it occurred to us that we were leaving in a matter of weeks for Ethiopia and the trip we had been longing for for so long was finally becoming a reality. In the attempt to not obsess over the countdown, and I had intentionally NOT prepared because I didn't want to get sad. Then, I panicked, because I did not plan.

So then I literally sat down with a road map of all the things that need to happen so we wouldn't get caught with our "international adoption pants down" so to speak. We got the time sensitive things under control such as making sure we had the appropriate types of cash needed in large sum from our bank (because for some people it takes over a week to get). We got out pictures printed for baby boy's album of Mommy and Daddy pictures that he can chew on until he comes home. We took care of our visa's a long time ago so that wasn't an issue.

Then, we had Thanksgiving to plan for and budget for since we had family(s) coming to town. That finished yesterday, so here I am, Sunday before travel, in my final times of getting you all caught up.

I can't believe I finally get to see his little face THIS WEEK. I get to become his legal mother THIS WEEK. After 4 months of looking at his sweet little face, and two months of counting down to Thursday, we are finally in the motions of this whole thing becoming REAL :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment