Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Court date update!

I'm late again, but it's because I was so busy last week getting our court papers signed and sent and submitting our visa applications!

We leave on December 2nd for a December 6th court date to (hopefully) become baby boy's legal parents. All traveling families have passed court in the two trip process so far. Even if something is missing for our date, we will still have fulfilled our requirement to be there and testify regarding him. After that, it takes a few weeks to secure some important documents that need to be translated and submitted to the US embassy to secure our visa date- which is when I get to go back! We're hoping to travel sometime during February with a slight possibility of March if things take awhile. We are enjoying our countdown. Going through this entire part of the process during the Holiday season will make things a little easier since I'll have a nice distraction. I'm sure I will be missing him big time on Christmas morning, but by then I still at least have the comfort of being his legal mother.

Some of our friends will be traveling for court between now and them and we wish them happy travels!

Please continue to pray for Ben's health and development between now and then. As of August 2nd, he was 11.4 lbs and eating well ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment