Sunday, September 12, 2010

How I feel today

We have so much to be thankful for.

I've had an interesting week in the world of adoption thinking, big transitions coming up at our church, and family dynamics. It was a bit overwhelming... I got a bit whiny about it. As I sat there last night at a beautiful park in Kansas City.. (the most DIVERSE cultural park I've ever seen where the "whities" like us are the minority).. I was reminded of how fantastic my life is. How much I have been blessed. Do I long to have my son home? Do I wish that the financial obligations involved in adoption didn't exist and someone wanted to buy my plane tickets for me? YES. But that doesn't change how blessed I am in reality. In reality, I am a mother sitting on a bench watching a happy little boy do the slide about a hundred times. Erin of 2007 (who was not happy.. down right angry and whiny) would have smacked me to have the gull to whine because my beautiful 2nd child wasn't here yet. The fact that he exists, that God was with him in the womb and at his birth was not enough for me??!!

Let's not even get started that the whole adoption isn't and shouldn't be about ME. Gasp :-)

It's about our omnipresent and magnificent God holding out his hand over an unborn child in Africa. Perhaps saying "It's okay. I have you." He led a woman and police officers to a school yard where a newborn was left screaming on the ground. He was wrapped up, and placed in the care of a center in Durame where he would be safe and warm and fed. Not only that, but God did not stop there. He cared for the documents of that unnamed newborn so that he could be processed and assigned a forever Mother and Father; a Mama and Daddy that wanted him so badly.

I know horrible things happen in the world.. and millions of children are orphaned and don't live in the ideal circumstances that we wish they did.. BUT when God moves for even one child in the way He has I will stand back and praise Him. Even if other people don't agree, I will praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment