Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DTE!!!

Well folks, it turns out May 18th is a big day in our family. Today is Ted's annual anniversary of being cancer free, and it's a date that I will always remember as the day our "baby envelope" officially made it halfway around the world safely to adopt our next child.

I'm bad with birthdays... but I'm GOOD at adoption dates. Lucas papers were officially approved by the ladies at his orphanage on April 21st, 2008.. and my sweet boy was born the next day. I just didn't know it.

So DTE day is a big deal. The Lord answered our prayers for safety of our original documents to make it to their intended destination!

We were #26 on the wait list when our complete dossier was received 4/20 (originally received 4/16 but I had to fix something) and we have watched it creep down one or 3 steps at a time since then.

After some of our friends received referrals last week (I think 4) we should be someplace in the teens. I'll find out later today since I thought my DTE email was a good excuse to ask them nicely :-)

We are currently up in Minnesota (Lucas and I) visiting family and friends. It has helped pass the time while we wait! We will be returning next week in time for our immigration fingerprinting appointment on the 28th. Under the newest change, we can't be submitted for court with a referral until immigration has cleared, fees have been paid, and all papers returned signed. The immigration is the piece that we have no control over, so it's nice to have that printing appointment set up!

So.. on the non adoption front.. here are some highlights :-)

It was my 2nd mother's day, which was celebrated by some time away from my blessed boy.. and I was able to take a quiet walk with my husband down Grande Avenue and then enjoy some dinner and adult conversation!



That is my happy mommy face

Lucas has also been out being busy and keeping me busy as a result. Here are a few photos from his play time, trying out papa Sibley's motorcycle, and working on the baseball skills!





He is really into doing the "big wee"s now.. which is a little difficult on my stress level but I'm very proud of him :-)



Isn't he ridiculously cute? Here's to t-ball next year!!







The family moments help to keep me grounded during this time of waiting. I'm truly enjoying this wait.. not that I wouldn't be THRILLED to get a referral call right now.. but it's just about resting in God's timing rather than waiting for all my dreams to blow up (my outlook of 2008). I'm so thankful for this time of hopefulness. I know that my child has been born.. and they are over there.. and I just can't WAIT to have a specific little person to pray for.

I think about him/her every day and I'm just so excited for the opportunity to be a mother for the 2nd time. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment