Saturday, January 9, 2010

Post Christmas wrap up

Hello everyone!

I'll have to wait awhile to get the 2nd round of Christmas pictures posted, but I promise I will once I get back to my computer in Missouri.

Lucas and I are currently up in Minnesota with the in-laws visiting friends and family. Ted flew back to Missouri on Thursday to return to his rotation after his much needed week of vacation.

We got a call from Holt International yesterday letting us know that the Homestudy is now underway! Unfortunately, it will have to be slowed a little bit since I'm up in Minnesota and can't run around for the fingerprinting etc. We won't be able to get some of the pieces that require physical presence to get done until February. At this time, we're hoping to have the homestudy done by the end of March and be working on immigration.

Both Ted and I have already had our internal freak out about baby #2 being on its way and things are getting very "real" here. Like I told a girlfriend, we spent 5 years (or in my case my entire life that I can remember) thinking about a baby.. but we haven't given as much time thinking about our 2nd baby??!! Time to get in gear! Time to get excited!! But not too excited.. because its international adoption.. so we can only get SO excited as to be able to survive a loss. But, we CAN be excited about the day that our son/daughter is placed in our arms in Addis Abba, Ethiopia.

Until then, we will continue to ask for constant prayer for our child's birth parent(s), our little baby, and safety of our papers. We don't know what could be happening in these people's lives at this very moment on the other side of the world. They may be making choices or grieving and going through pain that I can't even imagine.

Please keep them in your prayers everyone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment